Have anyone installed the "z-shell" - Minix

This is a discussion on Have anyone installed the "z-shell" - Minix ; Hi I tried over and over again to install the z-shell and I always get the same error after the command "make": autoconf: No such file or directory make in usr/src/commands/zsh-4.2.6: Exit code 2 make made './configure' look old...

  1. Have anyone installed the "z-shell"

    Hi
    I tried over and over again to install the z-shell and I always get
    the same error after the command "make":

    autoconf: No such file or directory
    make in usr/src/commands/zsh-4.2.6: Exit code 2
    make made './configure' look old

  2. Re: Have anyone installed the "z-shell"

    "puntino" wrote ...

    > I tried over and over again to install the z-shell, and I always get
    > the same error after the command "make":
    >
    > autoconf: No such file or directory
    > make in usr/src/commands/zsh-4.2.6: Exit code 2
    > make made './configure' look old

    You must use "packman" to install the autoconf and automake packages.
    (Those packages' names start with "autoconf-" and "automake-".)

  3. Re: Have anyone installed the "z-shell"

    "Greg King" wrote ...
    > "puntino" wrote ...
    > >
    > > I tried over and over again to install the z-shell, and I always get
    > > the same error after the command "make":
    > >
    > > autoconf: No such file or directory
    > > make in usr/src/commands/zsh-4.2.6: Exit code 2
    > > make made './configure' look old

    > You must use "packman" to install the autoconf and automake packages.
    > (Those packages' names start with "autoconf-" and "automake-".)

    I double-checked, and discovered that automake isn't in packman's list of
    packages. You would need to get its source package from the web-site:
    http://www.minix3.org/software/
    Then, you would need to build it.

    But then, I looked at zsh's source package, and learned that it doesn't seem
    to need automake. So, just install autoconf, and build zsh.

    P.S., Did you really want to build that shell from its source-code; or, did
    you want to install its binary-package?

+ Reply to Thread