Dealing with "stat" - Minix

This is a discussion on Dealing with "stat" - Minix ; I don't know exactly how the function "stat" and I want to know more about it, i read the man page but I've understood so much. Why do I wanto to know stat ? because I need to create the ...

  1. Dealing with "stat"

    I don't know exactly how the function "stat" and I want to know more
    about it, i read the man page but I've understood so much. Why do I
    wanto to know stat ?
    because I need to create the "stat structure " for a new process that
    i've created.
    Thank you very much

  2. Re: Dealing with "stat"

    > I don't know exactly how the function "stat" and I want to know more
    > about it, i read the man page but I've understood so much. Why do I
    > wanto to know stat ?
    > because I need to create the "stat structure " for a new process that
    > i've created.

    I do not really understand what you mean here; the stat function does
    not work on processes but on files. It is a standard POSIX function
    which returns file attributes. This, for example, is the GNU
    documentation on the same function:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/man...Attributes.htm

    The exact layout of the structure may differ between systems, but the
    idea is always the same.

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe