How to run a new process - Minix

This is a discussion on How to run a new process - Minix ; i'd like to know how to run a new process by using the "service" interface because i want to explorer some RS' features. for example my process is called newprocess, i should type "service up newprocess -period 300" but I ...

  1. How to run a new process

    i'd like to know how to run a new process by using the "service"
    interface because i want to explorer some RS' features.
    for example my process is called newprocess, i should type "service up
    newprocess -period 300"
    but I got the error "binary is not a regular file".
    I looked inside the "service.c" code and this error is related to the
    absence of statistic about my process.
    in other word the function "stat" doesn't return any feasible value to
    service, and the least don't allow me
    to make my process run with the command service up.
    Thank you in advance

  2. Re: How to run a new process

    On Jun 20, 4:29 pm, puntino wrote:
    > i'd like to know how to run a new process by using the "service"
    > interface because i want to explorer some RS' features.
    > for example my process is called newprocess, i should type "service up
    > newprocess -period 300"
    > but I got the error "binary is not a regular file".
    > I looked inside the "service.c" code and this error is related to the
    > absence of statistic about my process.
    > in other word the function "stat" doesn't return any feasible value to
    > service, and the least don't allow me
    > to make my process run with the command service up.
    > Thank you in advance

    ok I made a mistake but now it's working fine

  3. Re: How to run a new process

    On Jun 20, 10:17*pm, puntino wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 4:29 pm, puntino wrote:
    >
    > > i'd like to know how to run a new process by using the "service"
    > > interface because i want to explorer some RS' features.
    > > for example my process is called newprocess, i should type "service up
    > > newprocess -period 300"
    > > but I got the error "binary is not a regular file".
    > > I looked inside the "service.c" code and this error is related to the
    > > absence of statistic about my process.
    > > in other word the function "stat" doesn't return any feasible value to
    > > service, and the least don't allow me
    > > to make my process run with the command service up.
    > > Thank you in advance

    > ok I made a mistake but now it's working fine

    can you please post also the solution.. that how you corrected it.

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread