How to know the endpoint - Minix

This is a discussion on How to know the endpoint - Minix ; I want to know the endpoint of another process for example given its name I got its endpoint there is a function for this? Thank you in advance....

  1. How to know the endpoint

    I want to know the endpoint of another process for example given its
    name I got its endpoint there is a
    function for this?
    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: How to know the endpoint

    On 20 Jun., 10:39, puntino wrote:
    > I want to know the endpoint of another process for example given its
    > name I got its endpoint there is a
    > function for this?
    > Thank you in advance.

    look at /usr/include/unistd.h or here:
    https://gforge.cs.vu.nl/plugins/scms...ix&view=markup

    there's a function _PROTOTYPE( int _pm_findproc, (char *proc_name, int
    *proc_nr));
    usage in user program:

    int endpoint;
    _pm_findproc("pm",&endpoint);

    i don't know if that's the usual way to do this, but at least it
    worked fine for me..

    markus.

  3. Re: How to know the endpoint

    On Jun 20, 2:58 pm, non wrote:
    > On 20 Jun., 10:39, puntino wrote:
    >
    > > I want to know the endpoint of another process for example given its
    > > name I got its endpoint there is a
    > > function for this?
    > > Thank you in advance.

    > look at /usr/include/unistd.h or here:https://gforge.cs.vu.nl/plugins/scms...ches/r3.1.3/in...
    >
    > there's a function _PROTOTYPE( int _pm_findproc, (char *proc_name, int
    > *proc_nr));
    > usage in user program:
    >
    > int endpoint;
    > _pm_findproc("pm",&endpoint);
    >
    > i don't know if that's the usual way to do this, but at least it
    > worked fine for me..
    >
    > markus.

    Thank you i've found _pm_findproc.. but I wasn't secure that it was
    the conventional
    way to do this.

+ Reply to Thread