How to update masterboot - Minix

This is a discussion on How to update masterboot - Minix ; Hi all, I modified the /usr/src/boot/masterboot.s and make it successfully. But how can I get my new binary run? Someone told me that I can use installboot, but it didn't work, I used it as follows. What's wrong with it? ...

  1. How to update masterboot

    Hi all,

    I modified the /usr/src/boot/masterboot.s and make it successfully.
    But how can I get my new binary run? Someone told me that I can use
    installboot, but it didn't work, I used it as follows. What's wrong
    with it?

    ===========
    under /usr/mdec:
    installboot -m /dev/c0d0 masterboot
    ===========

    Thanks,
    BingQian

  2. Re: How to update masterboot

    On Jun 14, 7:18 pm, homeu...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I modified the /usr/src/boot/masterboot.s and make it successfully.
    > But how can I get my new binary run? Someone told me that I can use
    > installboot, but it didn't work, I used it as follows. What's wrong
    > with it?

    > under /usr/mdec:
    > installboot -m /dev/c0d0 masterboot
    >
    > Thanks,
    > BingQian

    if I' m not mistaken you should use the folder usr/src/tool

+ Reply to Thread