about minix3's endpoint - Minix

This is a discussion on about minix3's endpoint - Minix ; Hi men, I want to try the minix's send() and receive(). I just wrote a user process to use them, but it seems not so simple. How a process can send or receive a message? What's the relation about 'endpoint' ...

  1. about minix3's endpoint

    Hi men,

    I want to try the minix's send() and receive(). I just wrote a user
    process to use them, but it seems not so simple.

    How a process can send or receive a message?
    What's the relation about 'endpoint' and 'pid'?

    Thanks,
    Wu

  2. Re: about minix3's endpoint

    > I want to try the minix's send() and receive(). I just wrote a user
    > process to use them, but it seems not so simple.
    >
    > How a process can send or receive a message?
    > What's the relation about 'endpoint' and 'pid'?

    These functions are not intended for IPC between user processes. For
    more info and alternatives see:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp..../thread/bfd834
    0fb66182b1/2b9223ac50cf288e

    --