checksum utility - Minix

This is a discussion on checksum utility - Minix ; I'm interested in a checksum utility in Minix like md5 for Unix. (It mustn't be the md5 algorithm, other choises are good for me as well.. e.g.SDA.) I typed md5 but there is no binary. I've also taken a look ...

  1. checksum utility

    I'm interested in a checksum utility in Minix like md5 for Unix.
    (It mustn't be the md5 algorithm, other choises are good for me as
    well.. e.g.SDA.)

    I typed md5 but there is no binary.
    I've also taken a look at "Application packages" page of Minix web
    site, but I haven't find any
    checksum utility .
    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: checksum utility

    You might google for rsa and/or md5. There is code available that is
    fairly straight forward to compile.

    Hul

    puntino wrote:
    > I'm interested in a checksum utility in Minix like md5 for Unix.
    > (It mustn't be the md5 algorithm, other choises are good for me as
    > well.. e.g.SDA.)

    > I typed md5 but there is no binary.
    > I've also taken a look at "Application packages" page of Minix web
    > site, but I haven't find any
    > checksum utility .
    > Thank you in advance.

  3. Re: checksum utility

    I did a full install of MINIX 33.1.2a and it installed most of the GNU
    utilities. They are in a bin directory that is not in root's PATH
    variable by default.

    Try 'find /usr -name sha1sum', for example. I think it was in /usr/gnu/
    bin.

+ Reply to Thread