Norwegian keyboard - Minix

This is a discussion on Norwegian keyboard - Minix ; Is it possible to use the norwegian characters/keyboard in minix? I can't find anything in the documentation on this. -- Salve Håkedal...

  1. Norwegian keyboard

    --
    Salve Håkedal

  2. Re: Norwegian keyboard

    > Is it possible to use the norwegian characters/keyboard in minix?

    Dear Salve
    I don't know if there is or there isn't a specific norwegian keyboard
    library.
    You can look at
    usr/lib/keymap
    there are some keyboard files , maybe there is your keyb. too
    (scandinavn?)

    > I can't find anything in the documentation on this.

    To change the keyboard setting, I don't remember correctly the
    commands

    it should be something like:
    loadkeys etc/rc usr/lib/ [yourkeymap] (it 's likely to be wrong)
    you can find the correct command at
    http://www.minix3.org/manpages/man8/usage.8.html
    that I can' t open at the moment.

  3. Re: Norwegian keyboard

    On 2008-06-11, puntino wrote:

    >> Is it possible to use the norwegian characters/keyboard in minix?

    > Dear Salve
    > I don't know if there is or there isn't a specific norwegian keyboard
    > library.
    > You can look at
    > usr/lib/keymap
    > there are some keyboard files , maybe there is your keyb. too
    > (scandinavn?)

    Thank you!

    /usr/lib/keymap/scandinav(ia)n.. is Swedish, not Norwegian, only quite
    close.. better than english.
    But in it, I can't find the pipe (|) character, and *nix is rather
    disabled without it, I'm shure you know! Typing the key with '|' on it
    prints no character at all. (That's the key just below )

    Thank you for pointing me to 'man usage'. I don't know why I didn't find
    that.
    I now see that if I had started the setup, I would have been asked for
    my keyboard choice. Fine! I have just been running the live-cd.
    (.. But that pipe character.. hmm..)

    --
    Salve

  4. Re: Norwegian keyboard

    On Jun 12, 7:49 pm, Salve Håkedal
    wrote:
    > On 2008-06-11, puntino wrote:
    >

    > >> Is it possible to use the norwegian characters/keyboard in minix?

    > > Dear Salve
    > > I don't know if there is or there isn't a specific norwegian keyboard
    > > library.
    > > You can look at
    > > usr/lib/keymap
    > > there are some keyboard files , maybe there is your keyb. too
    > > (scandinavn?)

    > Thank you!
    >
    > /usr/lib/keymap/scandinav(ia)n.. is Swedish, not Norwegian, only quite
    > close.. better than english.
    > But in it, I can't find the pipe (|) character, and *nix is rather
    > disabled without it, I'm shure you know! Typing the key with '|' on it
    > prints no character at all. (That's the key just below )
    >
    > Thank you for pointing me to 'man usage'. I don't know why I didn't find
    > that.
    > I now see that if I had started the setup, I would have been asked for
    > my keyboard choice. Fine! I have just been running the live-cd.
    > (.. But that pipe character.. hmm..)
    >
    > --
    > Salve

    I'm happy you have find a solution closed to your problem,
    Bye

  5. Re: Norwegian keyboard

    On Jun 10, 8:10*am, Salve Håkedal
    wrote:
    > Is it possible to use the norwegian characters/keyboard in minix?
    >
    > I can't find anything in the documentation on this.
    >
    > --
    > Salve Håkedal

    yes, check dis http://www.tablaascii.com/ site to look for decimal
    representation, copy one of the keyboard map in /usr/src/drivers/tty/
    keymaps, shange the Makefile adding your keybord .src and compile, use
    the comand loadkeys yourkeyboard.map and see if is ok, same keys ar
    not in sequence. any question jorge_barreto_@msn.com.

  6. Re: Norwegian keyboard

    On 06/12/08 19:49, Salve Håkedal wrote:

    > /usr/lib/keymap/scandinav(ia)n.. is Swedish, not Norwegian, only
    > quite close.. better than english. But in it, I can't find the pipe
    > (|) character, and *nix is rather disabled without it, I'm shure
    > you know! Typing the key with '|' on it prints no character at all.
    > (That's the key just below )

    It should not be difficult to create a Norwegian keyboard map starting
    from the sources in /usr/src/drivers/tty/keymaps/. There are many
    maps available and you can duplicate one of them and modify it to your
    needs.

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --