enabling send() from a minix 3 user process - Minix

This is a discussion on enabling send() from a minix 3 user process - Minix ; Hi, Can someone point me in the general direction of the code used to initialize the priv[USER_PRIV_ID] structure? By default, it appears that only the fs, rs, and mem servers are valid targets for a send() from a user process, ...

  1. enabling send() from a minix 3 user process

    Hi,

    Can someone point me in the general direction of the code used to
    initialize the priv[USER_PRIV_ID] structure?

    By default, it appears that only the fs, rs, and mem servers
    are valid targets for a send() from a user process, but I'm
    unable to find the code that is responsible for this configuration.

    thanks,
    Jeremy

  2. Re: enabling send() from a minix 3 user process

    Jeremy wrote:
    > Hi,

    > Can someone point me in the general direction of the code used to
    > initialize the priv[USER_PRIV_ID] structure?

    Never mind. I failed to consider the process lineage.

    Jeremy

  3. Re: enabling send() from a minix 3 user process

    On Jun 4, 8:52 pm, Jeremy wrote:
    > Jeremy wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Can someone point me in the general direction of the code used to
    > > initialize the priv[USER_PRIV_ID] structure?

    > Never mind. I failed to consider the process lineage.
    >
    > Jeremy

    If I've understood your problem, you would make a process send
    messages towards other processes for example a driver, but you
    can't accomplish this because the IPC mask prevents from this.

    You could use the kernel call sys_privctrl.
    I'm not sure if it works, because in this case before calling this
    kernel call you should have the
    trap mask set properly for your process.

+ Reply to Thread