compiling minix on linux - Minix

This is a discussion on compiling minix on linux - Minix ; I want to compile minix on linux platform. can anyone help me with this problem. seems to be minix uses ack(amsterdam compiler kit ) to compile itself. I couldnt find a answer by searching the web. is it impossible to ...

  1. compiling minix on linux

    I want to compile minix on linux platform. can anyone help me with
    this problem. seems to be minix uses ack(amsterdam compiler kit ) to
    compile itself. I couldnt find a answer by searching the web. is it
    impossible to compile minix on linux?

    thnx in advance
    pradeep.

  2. Re: compiling minix on linux

    pradeep wrote:
    > I want to compile minix on linux platform. can anyone help me with
    > this problem. seems to be minix uses ack(amsterdam compiler kit ) to
    > compile itself. I couldnt find a answer by searching the web. is it
    > impossible to compile minix on linux?

    No clue, to be honest. More information on ACK:

    http://www.cs.vu.nl/ack/
    http://tack.sourceforge.net/

    However, I would like to ask: why do you want to compile Minix on Linux?

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean

  3. Re: compiling minix on linux

    well, i'm doing a somewhat strange project on minix source code
    analysis.finding out , how good the minix source is my goal. i tried
    out some different tools and some of them are not good enough.
    currently i'm trying SATURN(developed at stanford uni.) as my code
    analyzing tool & bad news is saturn builds structure of the
    code(hierarchy) in compile time by monitoring calls to gcc. but minix
    doesn't use gcc.
    your ideas are much appreciated.

    pradeep.
    student dept. of cse .
    university of moratuwa.

  4. Re: compiling minix on linux

    I am also interested in the possibility of compiling minix from Linux.
    I didn't like the development environment I found within minix, and
    would actually love to cross-compile minix from linux.

    Can anyone help? If this is not already possible, can we not start
    an effort in this direction?

    Thanks
    /varghese

    --
    Registered Linux user # 472,163

    pradeep wrote:
    > well, i'm doing a somewhat strange project on minix source code
    > analysis.finding out , how good the minix source is my goal. i tried
    > out some different tools and some of them are not good enough.
    > currently i'm trying SATURN(developed at stanford uni.) as my code
    > analyzing tool & bad news is saturn builds structure of the
    > code(hierarchy) in compile time by monitoring calls to gcc. but minix
    > doesn't use gcc.
    > your ideas are much appreciated.
    >
    > pradeep.
    > student dept. of cse .