How can I get the src folder - Minix

This is a discussion on How can I get the src folder - Minix ; I'd need the folder /src of minix 3.1.2a How can I get it? I wanted to create a tar file then I would have sent it to the other computer with an FTP session. I tried to make a tar ...

  1. How can I get the src folder

    I'd need the folder /src of minix 3.1.2a How can I get it?
    I wanted to create a tar file then I would have sent it to the other
    computer
    with an FTP session.
    I tried to make a tar file but I keep on receiving messages like tar
    can't open a directory.
    Thank you.

  2. Re: How can I get the src folder

    > I'd need the folder /src of minix 3.1.2a How can I get it?
    > I wanted to create a tar file then I would have sent it to the other
    > computer
    > with an FTP session.
    > I tried to make a tar file but I keep on receiving messages like tar
    > can't open a directory.

    The path is /usr/src rather than /src. Maybe that is your problem?

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: How can I get the src folder

    On May 26, 1:32 pm, "Erik van der Kouwe" few.vu.nl>
    wrote:
    > > I'd need the folder /src of minix 3.1.2a How can I get it?
    > > I wanted to create a tar file then I would have sent it to the other
    > > computer
    > > with an FTP session.
    > > I tried to make a tar file but I keep on receiving messages like tar
    > > can't open a directory.

    > The path is /usr/src rather than /src. Maybe that is your problem?
    >
    > --
    > With kind regards,
    > Erik van der Kouwe

    hi Erik,

    I've typed : tar cf /usr/src and I receive the message
    Cannot open /usr/src

  4. Re: How can I get the src folder

    > I've typed : tar cf /usr/src and I receive the message

    That explains: the "f" flag should be followed directly by the output
    filename. You are attempting to write your file to /usr/src, which
    doesn't work because it is a directory.

    Something like this might be more successful:
    tar cf /home/bin/src.tar /usr/src

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe