Any GUI for minix3? - Minix

This is a discussion on Any GUI for minix3? - Minix ; Hi! anyone know if there is graphical enviroment for minix3?...

  1. Any GUI for minix3?

    Hi! anyone know if there is graphical enviroment for minix3?

  2. Re: Any GUI for minix3?

    mike_k12003@yahoo.gr ha scritto:
    > Hi! anyone know if there is graphical enviroment for minix3?

    Minix3 has its own Desktop Environment: equinox
    (http://equinox-project.org/).

    Other desktop environments could became available in the future.

    HTH

    --

    Alessandro Bottoni
    Website: http://www.alessandrobottoni.it/

    "I am prepared for the worst, but hope the best."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

  3. Re: Any GUI for minix3?

    On May 20, 6:08*pm, mike_k12...@yahoo.gr wrote:
    > Hi! anyone know if there is graphical enviroment for minix3?

    Hi,

    MINIX3 uses X Window System like most of the other UNIX-like operating
    systems. You can check out the screen shots published by the official
    team at http://www.minix3.org/doc/screenies.html

    Well, Equinox is specifically/mainly developed for MINIX? I visited
    the project website and couldn't find any clue.

+ Reply to Thread