How many second is a tick? - Minix

This is a discussion on How many second is a tick? - Minix ; In Minix the unit for the time is the "tick" I'm wondering how many seconds is a tick ? I've calculated that 1500 tick = 1s but I' m not sure....

  1. How many second is a tick?

    In Minix the unit for the time is the "tick" I'm wondering how many
    seconds is a tick ?
    I've calculated that 1500 tick = 1s but I' m not sure.

  2. Re: How many second is a tick?

    > In Minix the unit for the time is the "tick" I'm wondering how many
    > seconds is a tick ?
    > I've calculated that 1500 tick = 1s but I' m not sure.

    In one second there are HZ ticks, where HZ is the constant defined in
    . The default value is 60, resulting in 1/60 seconds per
    tick (approximately 16.7 milliseconds).

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: How many second is a tick?

    On May 20, 9:26 am, "Erik van der Kouwe" few.vu.nl>
    wrote:
    > > In Minix the unit for the time is the "tick" I'm wondering how many
    > > seconds is a tick ?
    > > I've calculated that 1500 tick = 1s but I' m not sure.

    > In one second there are HZ ticks, where HZ is the constant defined in
    > . The default value is 60, resulting in 1/60 seconds per
    > tick (approximately 16.7 milliseconds).
    >
    > --
    > With kind regards,
    > Erik van der Kouwe