Mips port - Minix

This is a discussion on Mips port - Minix ; Hi, I have some experience with porting a BSD variant to a MIPS based board, and am willing to work on the MIPS port of Minix, but unable to contact the person already working on it. If I can get ...

  1. Mips port

    Hi,

    I have some experience with porting a BSD variant to a MIPS based
    board, and am willing to
    work on the MIPS port of Minix, but unable to contact the person
    already working on it. If I can
    get access to the work done uptil now, I can provide help to speed up
    this port.

    Waqar.

  2. Re: Mips port

    On May 19, 9:42*pm, waqar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some experience with porting a BSD variant to a MIPS based
    > board, and am willing to
    > work on the MIPS port of Minix, but unable to contact the person
    > already working on it. If I can
    > get access to the work done uptil now, I can provide help to speed up
    > this port.
    >
    > Waqar.

    You can contact Chris Wade (chrisw *AT* toc2rta *DOT* com). He's now
    working on porting MINIX3 to MIPS architecture. Well, in fact, you can
    always check things like this at http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html

    And I guess when Jorrit Herder see this message, he's gonna tell you
    more about it. But I suggest you to send an email to Chris Wade
    directly to talk about it.

    Best regards

  3. Re: Mips port

    On May 21, 12:49 am, Sean Bray wrote:
    > On May 19, 9:42 pm, waqar wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I have some experience with porting a BSD variant to a MIPS based
    > > board, and am willing to
    > > work on the MIPS port of Minix, but unable to contact the person
    > > already working on it. If I can
    > > get access to the work done uptil now, I can provide help to speed up
    > > this port.

    > > Waqar.

    > You can contact Chris Wade (chrisw *AT* toc2rta *DOT* com). He's now
    > working on porting MINIX3 to MIPS architecture. Well, in fact, you can
    > always check things like this athttp://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html
    >
    > And I guess when Jorrit Herder see this message, he's gonna tell you
    > more about it. But I suggest you to send an email to Chris Wade
    > directly to talk about it.
    >
    > Best regards

    I did, twice, but no reply.

    Waqar.

  4. Re: Mips port

    On May 21, 1:32*pm, waqar wrote:
    > On May 21, 12:49 am, Sean Bray wrote:
    >

    > > On May 19, 9:42 pm, waqar wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I have some experience with porting a BSD variant to a MIPS based
    > > > board, and am willing to
    > > > work on the MIPS port of Minix, but unable to contact the person
    > > > already working on it. If I can
    > > > get access to the work done uptil now, I can provide help to speed up
    > > > this port.

    > > > Waqar.

    > > You can contact Chris Wade (chrisw *AT* toc2rta *DOT* com). He's now
    > > working on porting MINIX3 to MIPS architecture. Well, in fact, you can
    > > always check things like this athttp://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html

    > > And I guess when Jorrit Herder see this message, he's gonna tell you
    > > more about it. But I suggest you to send an email to Chris Wade
    > > directly to talk about it.

    > > Best regards

    > I did, twice, but no reply.
    >
    > Waqar.- Hide quoted text -

    Have you contacted Jorrit Herder? Anyway, I guess they might be on
    some break right now. Just be a little patient ;-) The guys in minix
    group are great!

    Best regards,

+ Reply to Thread