Can I use GNOME on Minix? - Minix

This is a discussion on Can I use GNOME on Minix? - Minix ; I'm wondering if i'm able to install GNOME on Minix. It is great to see that. I don't care how bad it is. But i heared Minix don't support virtual memory so that's why GNOME can't be installed. I'm not ...

  1. Can I use GNOME on Minix?

    I'm wondering if i'm able to install GNOME on Minix. It is great to
    see that. I don't care how bad it is. But i heared Minix don't support
    virtual memory so that's why GNOME can't be installed. I'm not sure if
    it is right or wrong

  2. Re: Can I use GNOME on Minix?

    GNOME has not yet been ported to MINIX, and probably will not be until
    we have a virtual memory implementation.

    Waqar.

    On May 13, 5:16 am, babylon2233 wrote:
    > I'm wondering if i'm able to install GNOME on Minix. It is great to
    > see that. I don't care how bad it is. But i heared Minix don't support
    > virtual memory so that's why GNOME can't be installed. I'm not sure if
    > it is right or wrong

+ Reply to Thread