interrupt troubles in lance driver - Minix

This is a discussion on interrupt troubles in lance driver - Minix ; hello everybody. i am recently writting the complete tcp/ip protocol including the ether driver. and now i am writiing the ether driver, which i adopt the minix lance driver. but now i fell in trouble in it. i have alredy ...

  1. interrupt troubles in lance driver

    hello everybody.

    i am recently writting the complete tcp/ip protocol including the
    ether driver. and now i am writiing the ether driver, which i adopt
    the minix lance driver. but now i fell in trouble in it. i have alredy
    known some problems such as having the lance driver worked should
    must set the PCI Master bit and the memory must be aligned. and now
    the driver can transmit the package to other computer, but it can not
    be interrupt when a package coming in .in fact, only one irq received
    when it has transmit package that is the TINT, and then it can't not
    receive any other interrupt which is the question i ask here. if
    anybody know how to resolve this question, please email to me. thanks
    ahead.

    yunhaid.

  2. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    On Apr 28, 3:02 pm, "yunh...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > hello everybody.
    >
    > i am recently writting the complete tcp/ip protocol including the
    > ether driver. and now i am writiing the ether driver, which i adopt
    > the minix lance driver. but now i fell in trouble in it. i have alredy
    > known some problems such as having the lance driver worked should
    > must set the PCI Master bit and the memory must be aligned. and now
    > the driver can transmit the package to other computer, but it can not
    > be interrupt when a package coming in .in fact, only one irq received
    > when it has transmit package that is the TINT, and then it can't not
    > receive any other interrupt which is the question i ask here. if
    > anybody know how to resolve this question, please email to me. thanks
    > ahead.
    >
    > yunhaid.

    Dear yunhaid,

    Unfortunately I have no answer for you but if you don't mind could
    you give me the answer to my
    question ( I think you're able to give me an answer since you're
    developing the eth driver)
    Which is the process that start the ethernet driver ?

  3. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    the lance driver was processed as a service by the minix system
    command named service. you can run the "man service"
    in the shell to see how to use it. if everybody know my question,
    please email the answer to to me, thanks ahead again.

  4. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    On May 1, 10:14 am, "yunh...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > the lance driver was processed as a service by the minix system
    > command named service. you can run the "man service"
    > in the shell to see how to use it. if everybody know my question,
    > please email the answer to to me, thanks ahead again.

    Thank you, if you don't mind
    could you tell me in which file there is the line code
    to start the eth driver up.
    in other word who invokes (after the boot) the service command with
    the line
    code like:
    service up /sbin/lance

    thank you again and excuse me if I 'm boring you.

  5. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    On 05/05/08 11:15, puntino wrote:
    > On May 1, 10:14 am, "yunh...@gmail.com" wrote:
    >> the lance driver was processed as a service by the minix system
    >> command named service. you can run the "man service"
    >> in the shell to see how to use it. if everybody know my question,
    >> please email the answer to to me, thanks ahead again.

    > Thank you, if you don't mind
    > could you tell me in which file there is the line code
    > to start the eth driver up.
    > in other word who invokes (after the boot) the service command with
    > the line
    > code like:
    > service up /sbin/lance
    >
    > thank you again and excuse me if I 'm boring you.

    The network driver is started in the sequence of commands in
    /usr/etc/rc as configured in /etc/inet.conf

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  6. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    On May 5, 11:58 am, Giovanni wrote:
    > On 05/05/08 11:15, puntino wrote:
    >
    > > On May 1, 10:14 am, "yunh...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > >> the lance driver was processed as a service by the minix system
    > >> command named service. you can run the "man service"
    > >> in the shell to see how to use it. if everybody know my question,
    > >> please email the answer to to me, thanks ahead again.

    > > Thank you, if you don't mind
    > > could you tell me in which file there is the line code
    > > to start the eth driver up.
    > > in other word who invokes (after the boot) the service command with
    > > the line
    > > code like:
    > > service up /sbin/lance

    > > thank you again and excuse me if I 'm boring you.

    > The network driver is started in the sequence of commands in
    > /usr/etc/rc as configured in /etc/inet.conf
    >
    > Ciao
    > Giovanni
    > --
    > A computer is like an air conditioner,
    > it stops working when you open Windows.
    > Registered Linux user #337974

    Thank you very much Giovanni,
    I think of having found the lines of interest.
    so if I'm not mistaken, Init looks up in the rc file and
    invokes the service function, right ?

  7. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    On 05/05/08 20:24, puntino wrote:

    > Thank you very much Giovanni,
    > I think of having found the lines of interest.
    > so if I'm not mistaken, Init looks up in the rc file and
    > invokes the service function, right ?

    Yes. init runs /etc/rc wich in turn runs /usr/etc/rc.

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  8. Re: interrupt troubles in lance driver

    i have resolved the problems by myself. the lance driver worked
    perfectly. and i am going to writing the TCP/IP source code.

+ Reply to Thread