Where is the core dump file - Minix

This is a discussion on Where is the core dump file - Minix ; I read on the Tanebaun's book that sometimes a signal can't be managed by PM and a core dump file is written, where I can find it thank you...

  1. Where is the core dump file

    I read on the Tanebaun's book that sometimes a signal can't be managed
    by PM and a core dump file is written, where I can find it
    thank you

  2. Re: Where is the core dump file

    > I read on the Tanebaun's book that sometimes a signal can't be managed
    > by PM and a core dump file is written, where I can find it

    The core dump is produced in the current directory of the process that
    dies. This is often the directory it was started from, although a
    process may change its current directory.

    Note that not all signals cause a core dump. man sigaction has a list
    of signals that do.

    Check out the sig_proc and dump_core functions in servers/pm/signal.c
    if you want to see this for yourself.

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: Where is the core dump file

    On Apr 19, 5:44 pm, "Erik van der Kouwe" few.vu.nl>
    wrote:
    > > I read on the Tanebaun's book that sometimes a signal can't be managed
    > > by PM and a core dump file is written, where I can find it

    > The core dump is produced in the current directory of the process that
    > dies. This is often the directory it was started from, although a
    > process may change its current directory.
    >
    > Note that not all signals cause a core dump. man sigaction has a list
    > of signals that do.
    >
    > Check out the sig_proc and dump_core functions in servers/pm/signal.c
    > if you want to see this for yourself.
    >
    > --
    > With kind regards,
    > Erik van der Kouwe