A text editor for C code - Minix

This is a discussion on A text editor for C code - Minix ; Is there any text editor with which I can write C code, I mean a text editor with a friendly GUI like kdevelop. I also downloaded startx but if I invoke mined or elle they both come without GUI...

  1. A text editor for C code

    Is there any text editor with which I can write C code,

    I mean a text editor with a friendly GUI like kdevelop.
    I also downloaded startx but if I invoke mined or elle
    they both come without GUI

  2. Re: A text editor for C code

    I would suggest building a GUI for mined or elle. As far as turning it into
    something as complex as kdevelop, that's a job of many, many moons work.

    Decide what functionality you're after, then write a GUI based on your
    requirements.

    Just my 0.02c

    Wesley Parish

    puntino wrote:

    > Is there any text editor with which I can write C code,
    >
    > I mean a text editor with a friendly GUI like kdevelop.
    > I also downloaded startx but if I invoke mined or elle
    > they both come without GUI

  3. Re: A text editor for C code

    Tux Wonder-Dog wrote:
    > I would suggest building a GUI for mined or elle. As far as turning it into
    > something as complex as kdevelop, that's a job of many, many moons work.

    If you seriously want a GUI, I would suggest porting an existing graphical
    editor rather then developing a new GUI around barebone Minix editors.

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit