    Regards,
    Twan.

  2. Re: I get the bash prompt repeateadly on the same line?

    On 2008-04-01, lus expressed:
    > Hello minix,
    >
    > I'm running MINIX 3 1.2a., over the local network with putty. When I
    > run bash, I get the bash prompt, I cannot 'clear' the screen and I get
    > the bash prompt repeateadly on the same line. This not happen at the
    > console.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Welcome to unix-terminal-emulation.

    Is your TERM (environment variable) correct. Is putty in the right
    terminal emulation mode(try vt100)?

    Try typing "stty sane" and ctrl-J...

    Greeting,
    Frank

  3. Re: I get the bash prompt repeateadly on the same line?

    Ctrl L seems to work. After that, I can 'clear' the screen once, and
    then again:-
    # bashbash-3.00# clearbash-3.00# clearbash-3.00#

+ Reply to Thread