mkfifo() is not working now? - Minix

This is a discussion on mkfifo() is not working now? - Minix ; I have Minix3 3.1.3 3a distrib that execute by qemu on Linux. I wrote simple program with pipe() for parent and child process. Exchange data beween parent and child process through pipe() is correct work. But 'name pipes' i.e. exchange ...

  1. mkfifo() is not working now?

    I have Minix3 3.1.3 3a distrib that execute by qemu on Linux.

    I wrote simple program with pipe() for parent and child process.
    Exchange data beween parent and child process through pipe() is
    correct work. But 'name pipes' i.e. exchange data between process by
    mkfifo() is not work, i.e. program stopping on open() function and
    open() not return value. Why is it?

    I was solve this problem... before start my example i do 'echo 111>>./
    test_fifo' it is stop, but I precc Ctrl-C i.e. interrupt echo, after
    that I start my example. My mkfifo() of my example print error of
    course but open() and read()/write() correct working and exchange date
    between parent and child process is it.

  2. Re: mkfifo() is not working now?

    > I wrote simple program with pipe() for parent and child process.
    > Exchange data beween parent and child process through pipe() is
    > correct work. But 'name pipes' i.e. exchange data between process by
    > mkfifo() is not work, i.e. program stopping on open() function and
    > open() not return value. Why is it?

    This behaviour is as expected, and identical to how named pipes behave
    on other operating systems as well.

    Check this link for an explanation:
    http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lpg/node19.html

    --