File Transfer - Minix

This is a discussion on File Transfer - Minix ; hello, i want to know - 1. is it possible to transfer files between minix running on VMWare on two machines in a network? 2. is it possible to transfer files from the host system to minix running on VMWare? ...

  1. File Transfer

    hello,
    i want to know -
    1. is it possible to transfer files between minix running on VMWare on
    two machines in a network?

    2. is it possible to transfer files from the host system to minix
    running on VMWare?

    i am running VMWare on windows xp.

    thank you for any help

  2. Re: File Transfer

    Mohanish Kulkarni wrote:
    > hello,
    > i want to know -
    > 1. is it possible to transfer files between minix running on VMWare on
    > two machines in a network?

    > 2. is it possible to transfer files from the host system to minix
    > running on VMWare?

    > i am running VMWare on windows xp.

    If you've got networking running (which is a necessity of course) you can
    try various approaches involving FTP or SSH. Probably simplest is to
    install OpenSSH on Minix and than use WinSCP to connect to the virtual
    machine.

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean

  3. Re: File Transfer

    On Mar 26, 7:41*am, Mohanish Kulkarni
    wrote:
    > hello,
    > i want to know -
    > 1. is it possible to transfer files between minix running on VMWare on
    > two machines in a network?
    >
    > 2. is it possible to transfer files from the host system to minix
    > running on VMWare?
    >
    > i am running VMWare on windows xp.
    >
    > thank you for any help

    I've had good luck with 'VMWare command-line tools', which allows you
    to copy to and paste from the host's clipboard:

    http://www.woodhull.com/newfaq/faq/vmwctool.html

    Bo

  4. Re: File Transfer

    > I've had good luck with 'VMWare command-line tools', which allows you
    > to copy to and paste from the host's clipboard:
    >
    > http://www.woodhull.com/newfaq/faq/vmwctool.html

    thanks for your help
    but the link to download the vmtools package on the page you specified
    is no longer available.
    can you suggest any other link from where i can download that package.

    thank you.

  5. Re: File Transfer

    On Mar 30, 11:38*pm, Mohanish Kulkarni
    wrote:
    > > I've had good luck with 'VMWare command-line tools', which allows you
    > > to copy to and paste from the host's clipboard:

    > >http://www.woodhull.com/newfaq/faq/vmwctool.html

    > thanks for your help
    > but the link to download the vmtools package on the page you specified
    > is no longer available.
    > can you suggest any other link from where i can download that package.
    >
    > thank you.

    Yes, I also found the download link at woodhull.com to be dead, but
    the link at infoseek.co.jp still works for me:

    http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vmw-01.tar.Z