Installation of Additional Applications - Minix

This is a discussion on Installation of Additional Applications - Minix ; I wanted to install 'subversion' on a Minix3 system *without networking*. So, I got this file onto my machine (via shared partitions under Linux): http://www.minix3.org/software/subversion-1.4.0.tar.bz2 Running 'packman' on the 'bz2' file (as suggested on the "Software" page), produces the following ...

  1. Installation of Additional Applications

    I wanted to install 'subversion' on a Minix3 system *without networking*.

    So, I got this file onto my machine (via shared partitions under Linux):

    http://www.minix3.org/software/subversion-1.4.0.tar.bz2

    Running 'packman' on the 'bz2' file (as suggested on the "Software"
    page), produces the following messages:

    mount: Can't mount /dev/c0d2p2 on /mnt ...
    CD mount failed
    Skipping CD packages.

    And 'packman' exits.

    What is the "correct" way (w/o networking) to install these applications?

    Thanks,
    --
    Prof Kenneth H Jacker khj@cs.appstate.edu
    Computer Science Dept www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

  2. Re: Installation of Additional Applications

    Kenneth Jacker writes:

    > What is the "correct" way (w/o networking) to install these applications?

    There's a packit shell script in /usr/bin that works. I don't know if
    that's the correct way, but it's a way nevertheless.

    HTH

    -cfh

    --
    Clark Hale