SSH - Minix

This is a discussion on SSH - Minix ; Hello All, I have installed minix 3 over a virtual machine QEMU on fedora 8. Now I want to share files b/w linux and minix. How can I accomplish this. I explored few methods. I don't know how to configure. ...

  1. SSH

    Hello All,
    I have installed minix 3 over a virtual machine QEMU on fedora
    8.
    Now I want to share files b/w linux and minix. How can I accomplish
    this.
    I explored few methods. I don't know how to configure.

    I have tried NFS and SSH. I thinks I have to configure something in
    QEMU. How to do that.

    Please help.

    Regards,
    Vivek YS

  2. Re: SSH

    > I have installed minix 3 over a virtual machine QEMU on fedora
    > 8.
    > Now I want to share files b/w linux and minix. How can I accomplish
    > this.
    > I explored few methods. I don't know how to configure.
    >
    > I have tried NFS and SSH. I thinks I have to configure something in
    > QEMU. How to do that.

    ISTM you probably have no need for the security features of SSH, so FTP
    might be a simpler solution. Install an FTP server either on your Linux
    machine or on the Minix VM. To do the latter simply rename
    /etc/rc.daemons.dist to /etc/rc.daemons and reboot.

    Unfortulately FTP will of course use a second port for data transfer.
    Qemu has two network emulation modes: user mode and TAP. The former
    acts as if the VM is behind a NAT, which is no good for FTP (at least,
    i haven't gotten it to work this way).

    The latter should work, as the machine is fully adopted into your LAN
    with no NAT. I have no experience with this on Linux, but Google can be
    your friend. The description is here:
    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC25

    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe