Program Counter - va / pa - Minix

This is a discussion on Program Counter - va / pa - Minix ; Hi, Can anyone tell me, is the program counter pointing to a virtual address or a physical address? And is this address represented as bytes or clicks ? Thanks, Derek....

  1. Program Counter - va / pa

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me, is the program counter pointing to a virtual
    address or a physical address?

    And is this address represented as bytes or clicks ?

    Thanks,
    Derek.

  2. Re: Program Counter - va / pa

    All,

    > Can anyone tell me, is the program counter pointing to a virtual
    > address or a physical address?

    Virtual - it's subject to all the usual memory translations.

    > And is this address represented as bytes or clicks ?

    Bytes.

    It's a CPU thing, not an OS thing.

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread