GCC Problem on minix3 - Minix

This is a discussion on GCC Problem on minix3 - Minix ; Hello, I tried to compile a simple C program using gnu GCC. But each time I get this error pm_exec_:exec_newmap failed : -12 gcc: error trying to exec ' /usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-minix/4.1.1/ cc1' :execev Not Enough Core Please help to solve this ...

  1. GCC Problem on minix3

    Hello,
    I tried to compile a simple C program using gnu GCC. But each
    time I get this error

    pm_exec_:exec_newmap failed : -12
    gcc: error trying to exec ' /usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-minix/4.1.1/
    cc1' :execev Not Enough Core

    Please help to solve this problem.

    Thanks in advance

    Regards

    Vivek

  2. Re: GCC Problem on minix3

    Vivek Y S wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I tried to compile a simple C program using gnu GCC. But each
    > time I get this error

    > pm_exec_:exec_newmap failed : -12
    > gcc: error trying to exec ' /usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-minix/4.1.1/
    > cc1' :execev Not Enough Core

    This is a problem with the amount of memory assigned to the cc1 binary.
    Try the 'chmem' command to assign it more (probably) or less (if more does
    not help) memory. Look around in other topics for more detailed
    instructions or do "man chmem".

    Regards,

    Jens

    --