X11 and video card and Memory management - Minix

This is a discussion on X11 and video card and Memory management - Minix ; Hello, I'm Newbee on unix system and try to learn it I install minix and now I try to install X11 on my computer but not succes I have 384 memory or ram I try with 2 video card -Intel ...

  1. X11 and video card and Memory management

    Hello,
    I'm Newbee on unix system and try to learn it
    I install minix and now
    I try to install X11 on my computer but not succes
    I have 384 memory or ram
    I try with 2 video card
    -Intel 740 vidéo card 8 Mo
    -ati radeon 7500 with 64 Mo of memory

    I try different ajustement of XOrg memory with commmand chmem.

    but i have already memory problem
    I ofen have the message "Not enough core"
    or when the Xxindow start the display is green or
    resolution very too large and autenthentification failed
    or the sytem crash

    Please what's video card you use and memory have you on your computer ?

    I try also compiling some program with CC and I have trouble with memory.

    I'm very frustrate
    where I can find some information of the management of memory and settings
    ?
    thank you for you're answer.

  2. Re: X11 and video card and Memory management

    Hi,

    To start X11, do the following.

    $ chmem +1000 /usr/X11R6/bin/XOrg

    $ startx