error in my kernel call - Minix

This is a discussion on error in my kernel call - Minix ; Hi, 1 - I'm trying to implement a new kernel function in Minix OS 3.1.0 , and when I invoke my function, sometimes it works fine, and other times I get the error: syscall: ipc mask denied 0 sending to ...

  1. error in my kernel call

    Hi,

    1 - I'm trying to implement a new kernel function in Minix OS 3.1.0 ,
    and when I invoke my function, sometimes it works fine, and other
    times I get the error:
    syscall: ipc mask denied 0 sending to 52
    syscall: ipc mask denied -2 sending to -5

    If anyone want more information, please tell me.

    What should be the problem?

    2 - Why kernel process have negative numbers?

    Thanks
    Pedro

  2. Re: error in my kernel call

    > 1 - I'm trying to implement a new kernel function in Minix OS 3.1.0 ,
    > and when I invoke my function, sometimes it works fine, and other
    > times I get the error:
    > syscall: ipc mask denied 0 sending to 52
    > syscall: ipc mask denied -2 sending to -5
    >
    > If anyone want more information, please tell me.
    >
    > What should be the problem?

    Perhaps you're trying to call it directly from an application?

    An ordinary process is not allowed to sendrec to the kernel, so you
    cannot use kernel calls there. The proper (though not the only)
    solution would be to also implement a call in FS or PM that wraps the
    kernel call. Your program can then call the wrapper function.

+ Reply to Thread