problems with lance driver - Minix

This is a discussion on problems with lance driver - Minix ; Hello, Today I switched from the old stable 3.1.2 to the current svn version (3.1.3b to current). I've worked for the all day to manage the lance driver working with no success. Here the details: Under vmware fusion I was ...

  1. problems with lance driver

    Hello,
    Today I switched from the old stable 3.1.2 to the current svn version
    (3.1.3b to current). I've worked for the all day to manage the lance
    driver working with no success. Here the details:
    Under vmware fusion I was using perfectly the 3.1.2 you can download
    from the website;
    I downloaded the source code of the current svn repository and I built
    it following doc/UPDATING.
    The system works quite well but it keeps visualizing the messages
    PM: unauthorized call procstat...,
    panic in lance... I cant get own process number...
    and something more...

    I saw that in drivers.conf the driver lance is not mentioned at all?
    Can this be the reason for this behavior? For now I switched the
    driver off but I need the network, especially for svn, thanks for your
    help,

  2. Re: problems with lance driver

    On Feb 16, 3:13 am, JU wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Today I switched from the old stable 3.1.2 to the current svn version
    > (3.1.3b to current). I've worked for the all day to manage the lance
    > driver working with no success. Here the details:
    > Under vmware fusion I was using perfectly the 3.1.2 you can download
    > from the website;
    > I downloaded the source code of the current svn repository and I built
    > it following doc/UPDATING.
    > The system works quite well but it keeps visualizing the messages
    > PM: unauthorized call procstat...,
    > panic in lance... I cant get own process number...
    > and something more...
    >
    > I saw that in drivers.conf the driver lance is not mentioned at all?
    > Can this be the reason for this behavior? For now I switched the
    > driver off but I need the network, especially for svn, thanks for your
    > help,

    I fixed this problem by starting minix in the small memory mode
    (number 2 at minix boot).
    It's something to do with where the driver is being called into memory
    I think.

    Neil

+ Reply to Thread