fpu save/restore - Minix

This is a discussion on fpu save/restore - Minix ; I'd like to see the fpu save/restore mentioned in an article I read about minix3. I'm willing to do the legwork on it, but would love it if someone could give me a head-start and what exactly needs to be ...

  1. fpu save/restore

    I'd like to see the fpu save/restore mentioned in an article I read
    about minix3. I'm willing to do the legwork on it, but would love it
    if someone could give me a head-start and what exactly needs to be
    done.

    Thanks

  2. Re: fpu save/restore

    > I'd like to see the fpu save/restore mentioned in an article I read
    > about minix3. I'm willing to do the legwork on it, but would love it
    > if someone could give me a head-start and what exactly needs to be
    > done.

    The saving/restoring should probably be done in kernel/mpx386.s under
    the "save" and "restart1" labels. You would then need to add the
    registers in the kernel process table, which is defined in
    kernel/proc.h.

+ Reply to Thread