Problems with X11 - Minix

This is a discussion on Problems with X11 - Minix ; OK, I tried startx. I copied the xinitrc to my home as .xinitrc and ran startx. It seems to start X - the screen goes gray - then it crashes back to the prompt with the following error messages: SocketCreateListener: ...

  1. Problems with X11

    OK, I tried startx. I copied the xinitrc to my home as .xinitrc and
    ran startx. It seems to start X - the screen goes gray - then it
    crashes back to the prompt with the following error messages:

    SocketCreateListener: sa_family = 2
    _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for
    local

    Now I'm really lost. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. Re: Problems with X11

    do you use root account while trying to start x?

    do you have any x configs from other distros running on this pc?
    if I were you i would try to copy all working config files and try to
    use them on minix.

    can you show all errors from x11 log and show you xinitrc and xorg.conf
    files?

    douginmd@gmail.com pisze
    :
    > OK, I tried startx. I copied the xinitrc to my home as .xinitrc and
    > ran startx. It seems to start X - the screen goes gray - then it
    > crashes back to the prompt with the following error messages:
    >
    > SocketCreateListener: sa_family = 2
    > _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for
    > local
    >
    > Now I'm really lost. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug