What type of ehternet card do i have? - Minix

This is a discussion on What type of ehternet card do i have? - Minix ; I was installing MINIX 3 and it asked me what ethernet card i have, i use a AMD sempron processor, it is a compaq computer too. Does anybody know what ethernet card i should select?...

  1. What type of ehternet card do i have?

    I was installing MINIX 3 and it asked me what ethernet card i have, i
    use a AMD sempron processor, it is a compaq computer too. Does
    anybody know what ethernet card i should select?

  2. Re: What type of ehternet card do i have?

    > I was installing MINIX 3 and it asked me what ethernet card i have, i
    > use a AMD sempron processor, it is a compaq computer too. Does
    > anybody know what ethernet card i should select?

    If you still have Windows installed, go to Config Panel, System,
    Hardware tab, Device Management button, Network Adapters node (i'm
    running Dutch Windows here, so the translations may not be 100%
    accurate). It should be listed here.

    Note that (by far) not all network cards are supported. If your network
    card is not supported, your best bet may be to run Minix on VMWare or
    Qemu (which emulate cards that are supported).

+ Reply to Thread