minx have virtual mem? - Minix

This is a discussion on minx have virtual mem? - Minix ; I mean minux is supposed to be nicer than linux? more reliable? how is it to use? fast? firefox?...

  1. minx have virtual mem?

    I mean minux is supposed to be nicer than linux?

    more reliable?

    how is it to use? fast?

    firefox?

  2. Re: minx have virtual mem?

    > I mean minux is supposed to be nicer than linux?

    Supposed to be nicer for people who want to learn about how operating
    systems work, less nice for others (at least currently).

    > more reliable?

    Eventually.

    > how is it to use? fast?

    Very fast to boot, very fast to compile, probably somewhat (but not
    dramatically) slower to run programs.

    > firefox?

    AFAIK no.

+ Reply to Thread