Hello World!!! - Minix

This is a discussion on Hello World!!! - Minix ; I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ ...

  1. Hello World!!!

    I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
    have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
    I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
    that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
    cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
    something like it.
    Please help !!!!

    Thanks so much!!!

  2. Re: Hello World!!!

    On Sep 14, 7:46 pm, "Juan C.Villalobos"
    wrote:
    > I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
    > have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
    > I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
    > that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
    > cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
    > something like it.
    > Please help !!!!
    >
    > Thanks so much!!!

    Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?

  3. Re: Hello World!!!

    James wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 7:46 pm, "Juan C.Villalobos"
    > wrote:
    >> I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
    >> have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
    >> I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
    >> that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
    >> cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
    >> something like it.
    >> Please help !!!!
    >>
    >> Thanks so much!!!

    > Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?

    Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
    GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
    you give me some tips ??

  4. Re: Hello World!!!

    > Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
    > GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
    > you give me some tips ??

    You can find gcc in /usr/gnu/bin.
    If you want to add gcc and g++ to your path you can modify the
    file .ashrc in your home directory:

    PATH=/usr/bin:[list of other directories]:/usr/gnu/bin

    Maurizio Lombardi

  5. Re: Hello World!!!

    > > Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?

    > Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
    > GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
    > you give me some tips ??

    If you don't find gcc in /usr/gnu/bin you can use packman to install
    it.

+ Reply to Thread