QNX goes opensource - Minix

This is a discussion on QNX goes opensource - Minix ; Hi, I don't know if this might be interesting to Minix developers, but QNX decided to go opensource: http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/...s_source_guide Regards, gg....

  1. QNX goes opensource

    Hi,

    I don't know if this might be interesting to Minix developers, but QNX
    decided to go opensource:

    http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/...s_source_guide

    Regards,
    gg.

  2. Re: QNX goes opensource

    ggajic@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't know if this might be interesting to Minix developers, but QNX
    > decided to go opensource:
    >
    > http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/...s_source_guide
    >
    > Regards,
    > gg.

    Now I can can hack the system on our GE AC6000CW's so it doesn't unload
    so quickly on slippery rail, and so manual sanding is restored at all
    speeds. Hooray for QNX!

  3. Re: QNX goes opensource

    ggajic@gmail.com wrote:
    [...]
    > I don't know if this might be interesting to Minix developers, but QNX
    > decided to go opensource:

    It's not actually open source --- it's a look-but-don't-touch license with
    some exemptions for non-commercial use:

    /*
    * $QNXLicenseC:
    * Copyright 2007, QNX Software Systems. All Rights Reserved.
    *
    * You must obtain a written license from and pay applicable license feesto QNX
    * Software Systems before you may reproduce, modify or distribute this software,
    * or any work that includes all or part of this software. Free development
    * licenses are available for evaluation and non-commercial purposes. For more
    * information visit http://licensing.qnx.com or email licensing@qnx.com.
    *
    * This file may contain contributions from others. Please review this entire
    * file for other proprietary rights or license notices, as well as the QNX
    * Development Suite License Guide at http://licensing.qnx.com/license-guide/
    * for other information.
    * $
    */

    However, it *does* mean that you can now get the excellent Neutrino/Photon
    bootable CD and install QNX onto your PC and use it. It's a rather nice
    miniature Unix-like operating system that'll be very familiar to Minix users.
    It's worth checking out; it's very interesting.

    (It's also a little hard to find. Download Momentics -> Neutrino Host, and you
    get a bootable CD with QNX6 on it and all the development tools.)

    --
    ┌── dg*cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ──────────────── ──

    │ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language in
    │ which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." --- Flon's Axiom

+ Reply to Thread