bunzip2 reports broken archive error if blocksize=1K - Minix

This is a discussion on bunzip2 reports broken archive error if blocksize=1K - Minix ; Hi to everyone, A strange error happens when i install MINIX choosing 1K block size: bunzip2 will report a "broken archive" error when i call packman and install all packages. packman will fail and packages wonīt be installed at all. ...

  1. bunzip2 reports broken archive error if blocksize=1K

    Hi to everyone,

    A strange error happens when i install MINIX
    choosing 1K block size:
    bunzip2 will report a "broken archive" error when i call packman
    and install all packages.
    packman will fail and packages wonīt be installed at all.

    I tried it several times on different machines with same results.
    No error occours when i choose 2K or 4K block size.

    Maurizio Lombardi

  2. Re: bunzip2 reports broken archive error if blocksize=1K

    > I tried it several times on different machines with same results.
    > No error occours when i choose 2K or 4K block size.

    I forgot,
    this error occours on 3.1.3a and 3.1.2.
    I donīt know about earlier versions.

    Maurizio Lombardi

  3. Re: bunzip2 reports broken archive error if blocksize=1K

    Maurizio Lombardi wrote:
    > Hi to everyone,

    > A strange error happens when i install MINIX
    > choosing 1K block size:
    > bunzip2 will report a "broken archive" error when i call packman
    > and install all packages.
    > packman will fail and packages won?t be installed at all.

    Ye gods, I had the same problem, just never linked it to the 1K block
    size... Thanks for reporting, I'll try to look into it shortly.

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean