systat clone - Minix

This is a discussion on systat clone - Minix ; When I put my experimental Minixbox into a live hosting setting I would love to have something similare to the systat ( http://perso.orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ ) package available. In terms of coding(/porting) this is out of my league. Are anyone aware of ...

  1. systat clone

    When I put my experimental Minixbox into a live hosting setting I would
    love to have something similare to the systat (
    http://perso.orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ ) package available. In terms
    of coding(/porting) this is out of my league. Are anyone aware of any
    efforts going into doing such a package for Minix3? Or, if anyone is
    looking for projects, this would be a killer one.
    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I live at http://www.minixd.net - Fairly Lynx friendly ;-)

  2. Re: systat clone

    > When I put my experimental Minixbox into a live hosting setting I would
    > love to have something similare to the systat (

    Hi,

    No one gave you an answer. So I try it now.
    It's quite complicate. Todays PC use the
    SMBus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Bus)
    With this Bus you can Monitor your Fan-Speed etc.
    What you need is code an SMBus device driver.
    Guess it will be quite hard. Maybe you can take
    a look at LM-Sensors it's a Linux version.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lm-sensors
    If you want it quick use "ps -ax" , "uptime"
    or "df" grep the results and put it into a file
    or database.

    Hope this helps a little,

  3. Re: systat clone

    Benny skrev:
    >> When I put my experimental Minixbox into a live hosting setting I would
    >> love to have something similare to the systat (

    > Hi,
    >
    > No one gave you an answer. So I try it now.
    > It's quite complicate. Todays PC use the
    > SMBus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Bus)
    > With this Bus you can Monitor your Fan-Speed etc.
    > What you need is code an SMBus device driver.
    > Guess it will be quite hard. Maybe you can take
    > a look at LM-Sensors it's a Linux version.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lm-sensors
    > If you want it quick use "ps -ax" , "uptime"
    > or "df" grep the results and put it into a file
    > or database.
    >
    > Hope this helps a little,

    Yes, doing a little shell script around ps, df, du, uptime might be a
    good idea to get the (history of) basic metrics. Thanks for the tip :-)
    However, the most interesting stats from a performance point of view
    lies within the iostats submodule.

    --
    I live at http://www.minixd.net - Fairly Lynx friendly ;-)
    e-mail: tim@minixd.net