Unable to set hostname - Minix

This is a discussion on Unable to set hostname - Minix ; hostaddr -h hangs on setting the hostname. My dhcp server don't either pick up the hostname. Doing a dhpd -q returns all correct data except it reports hostname as "dhcppc1", set by my dhcp server. I also tried setting hostname ...

  1. Unable to set hostname

    hostaddr -h hangs on setting the hostname. My dhcp server don't either
    pick up the hostname. Doing a dhpd -q returns all correct data except
    it reports hostname as "dhcppc1", set by my dhcp server.
    I also tried setting hostname in a dhcp.conf file with no luck.
    Shouldn't dhcpd (as a client) simply pick up the value from hosts.file
    and relay that to the dhcp server?
    Any tips on where to troubleshoot this further would be appriciated?

    -tim

  2. Re: Unable to set hostname

    I finally got it to work properly, after doing some finereading of
    the
    dhcp.conf manual (a ;-) to myself).
    The box is neither a client or server, it's "konrad" with a fixed ip.
    Juniper router is doing all necessary dhcp serving to those who need
    it.
    My original problem was that I could not get dhcpd to refused an
    offered
    ip from the Juniper box. This config file works.

    include /usr/etc/dhcptags.conf
    host 192.168.0.0/16 {
    gateway juniper;
    DNSserver konrad;
    };
    host konrad {
    DNSserver x.x.x.x x.x.x.x;
    };
    client x:x:x:x:x:x:x konrad;

    Simple enough when you finally get the picture :-)
    --
    I live at http://www.minixd.net - Fairly Lynx friendly ;-)

+ Reply to Thread