the maximun of the processes of minix3 - Minix

This is a discussion on the maximun of the processes of minix3 - Minix ; The size of process table of minix3 in kernel is NR_TASKS + NR_PROCS. So i think minix3 can creat as many as NR_TASKS + NR_PROCS(104) processes. but i'm not sure of this. could anyone help me about this£¿Thanks¡£...

  1. the maximun of the processes of minix3

    The size of process table of minix3 in kernel is NR_TASKS +
    NR_PROCS. So i think minix3
    can creat as many as NR_TASKS + NR_PROCS(104) processes.
    but i'm not sure of this.
    could anyone help me about this£¿Thanks¡£

  2. Re: the maximun of the processes of minix3

    for building unpatched kernel sources?
    for expanding the maximum processes to be 104?
    for identifying the maximum possible tasks of ? ?

    check the sources, as they provide helpful comments,
    as well as the actual answer in code.
    The sources maintain flexibility to customize a kernel.
    A test kernel should provide you with a definite answer.

    The code below is from minix_source_3_1_1

    from include/minix/config.h

    /* Number of slots in the process table for non-kernel processes. The
    number
    * of system processes defines how many processes with special
    privileges
    * there can be. User processes share the same properties and count
    for one.
    *
    * These can be changed in sys_config.h.
    */