Problem with packman, MINIX 3.1.2a - Minix

This is a discussion on Problem with packman, MINIX 3.1.2a - Minix ; Hi! Is there someone familiar with the following problem with packman? (I haven't found anything similar in here) Trying to install a package from boot CD. I have downloaded CD image IDE-3.1.2a.iso.zip from http://www.minix3.org/download/ . Using VMWare successfully installed it ...

  1. Problem with packman, MINIX 3.1.2a

    Hi!
    Is there someone familiar with the following problem with packman? (I
    haven't found anything similar in here)
    Trying to install a package from boot CD.
    I have downloaded CD image IDE-3.1.2a.iso.zip from http://www.minix3.org/download/.
    Using VMWare successfully installed it to the virtual Machine.
    Tried to use packman
    #packman
    He says:
    "Don't know where the install CD is. You can set it in /usr/etc/
    rc.package. Skipping CD package"
    After i tryed to mount CD
    #mount -r /dev/c0d1p2 /mnt
    and put the path into /usr/etc/rc.package:
    i simply printed there "/mnt"
    Then he (packman) wrote something like "has no permiision on /mnt"

    Please help!
    What's wrong?

  2. Re: Problem with packman, MINIX 3.1.2a

    On 5月1日, 上午3时22分, nick...@rambler.ru wrote:
    > Hi!
    > Is there someone familiar with the following problem with packman? (I
    > haven't found anything similar in here)
    > Trying to install a package from boot CD.
    > I have downloaded CD image IDE-3.1.2a.iso.zip fromhttp://www.minix3.org/download/.
    > Using VMWare successfully installed it to the virtual Machine.
    > Tried to use packman
    > #packman
    > He says:
    > "Don't know where the install CD is. You can set it in /usr/etc/
    > rc.package. Skipping CD package"
    > After i tryed to mount CD
    > #mount -r /dev/c0d1p2 /mnt
    > and put the path into /usr/etc/rc.package:
    > i simply printed there "/mnt"
    > Then he (packman) wrote something like "has no permiision on /mnt"
    >
    > Please help!
    > What's wrong?

    you must boot minix From Hard Disk.
    then login with "root" account,