the code in /materboot.s/ sorts the Partition Table in memory, then it
loads partition specified by "al".
Take the example given on page "http://www.os-forum.com/minix/boot/
masterboot.php"
Suppose a hard drive has a partition table with (lowsec, sysind) pairs
(1,1), (1000,1), (200,0), and (350,1).
Suppose "al" = 2;
After sort, it would be like : (1,1), (350,1), (1000,1), and
(200,0).
The code loads partition with (lowsec, sysind) = (350,1).

I don't understand about the usage of the sort.
Why not just loads the partition with (lowsec, sysind) = (350,1) by
skipping sort.

It is my first time to touch /masterboo.s/ and i don't go through /
boot.c/ yet.
Thanks for any response and all of them will be most appreciated.