New Software Port Announcement - Minix

This is a discussion on New Software Port Announcement - Minix ; I have ported the following applications to Minix: tcl 8.4.14 tk 8.4.14 I have submitted them for consideration. If anyone would like to get a copy before they are available on the Minix website, send me an e-mail and I ...

  1. New Software Port Announcement

    I have ported the following applications to Minix:

    tcl 8.4.14
    tk 8.4.14

    I have submitted them for consideration. If anyone would like to get
    a copy before they are
    available on the Minix website, send me an e-mail and I will send you
    the tcl8.4.14.tar.bz2 and
    tk8.4.14.tar.bz2 source files. (I don't have a web site to offer the
    file, sorry.) Note that you will
    have to build tcl before building tk as it is required. X11R6 is also
    required for tk. Both packages
    build with ACK. : )

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

  2. Re: New Software Port Announcement

    wrote in message
    news:1177713880.123567.168990@n35g2000prd.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have ported the following applications to Minix:
    >
    > tcl 8.4.14
    > tk 8.4.14
    >
    > I have submitted them for consideration. If anyone would like to get
    > a copy before they are
    > available on the Minix website, send me an e-mail and I will send you
    > the tcl8.4.14.tar.bz2 and
    > tk8.4.14.tar.bz2 source files. (I don't have a web site to offer the
    > file, sorry.) Note that you will
    > have to build tcl before building tk as it is required. X11R6 is also
    > required for tk. Both packages
    > build with ACK. : )
    >
    > James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

    Thanks to the guys at www.minix3.ru the ports are available on their site
    already.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

  3. Re: New Software Port Announcement

    On 28 Сав, 21:56, "James T. Sprinkle \(The Grue\)" G...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Thanks to the guys atwww.minix3.ruthe ports are available on their site
    > already.

    You are welcome! Anybody who want to put their ports to community
    may use our site.

    For non-russians it is easy to get software directly from
    ftp.minix3.ru rather than from www.minix3.ru/downloads.html because of
    Russian language of the last page. You also may go directly to
    http://www.minix3.ru/kernel.html to get a various kernel images.

+ Reply to Thread