Minix for Atmel AVR32 - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix for Atmel AVR32 - Minix ; Hello! I'm new here. First I'm sorry for my english. I'm now developing a new industrial controller system, and I would like to use the AVR32 (AP700x, UC3) but i think the linux is not perfect for me. Because AVR32-AP700X ...

  1. Minix for Atmel AVR32

    Hello!

    I'm new here.
    First I'm sorry for my english.
    I'm now developing a new industrial controller system, and I would
    like to use the AVR32 (AP700x, UC3) but i think the linux is not
    perfect for me. Because AVR32-AP700X have pixel Coprocessor and some
    divece but i ( and some other people) dont see the way for system
    correctly working or will not working. I dont think the monolithic
    kernel is good in the embedded system.
    I now have two ways, port minix to AVR32 or write a simple new os.
    I would like to ask your opinion about that.

    Thanks for all reply.

    Daniel Kiss

    P.S: I dont want use FreeRTOS, its not realy real time....

  2. Re: Minix for Atmel AVR32

    > P.S: I dont want use FreeRTOS, its not realy real time....

    Minix isn't realtime, either.

    Leslie

  3. Re: Minix for Atmel AVR32

    Leslie P. Polzer írta:
    > > P.S: I dont want use FreeRTOS, its not realy real time....

    > Minix isn't realtime, either.
    >
    > Leslie

    I know it. It's an alternative OS for me.

  4. Re: Minix for Atmel AVR32

    On Apr 26, 7:40 pm, Oneill wrote:

    > I know it. It's an alternative OS for me.

    Okay.

    You need to port Minix and build a cross-compiler for AVR.

    Leslie

+ Reply to Thread