How to make a full minix system from full source code - Minix

This is a discussion on How to make a full minix system from full source code - Minix ; Dear minix developers: I have two questions. 1. How to make a full minix system from full source code? 2. How to make a live CD for minix system? please help me. thanks !!!...

  1. How to make a full minix system from full source code

    Dear minix developers:

    I have two questions.
    1. How to make a full minix system from full source code?
    2. How to make a live CD for minix system?

    please help me. thanks !!!

  2. Re: How to make a full minix system from full source code

    On Apr 19, 5:55 am, w...@neusoft.com wrote:
    > Dear minix developers:
    >
    > I have two questions.
    > 1. How to make a full minix system from full source code?
    > 2. How to make a live CD for minix system?
    >
    > please help me. thanks !!!

    I don't have the answer, but it would be great to have a document
    titled:

    "Minix From Scratch".

    Similar to "Linux From Scratch" (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org).
    Now, we only need some authors to write it...
    Best, Pp.

  3. Re: How to make a full minix system from full source code

    On Apr 19, 9:12 am, "pp.kleinhanev...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > On Apr 19, 5:55 am, w...@neusoft.com wrote:
    >
    > > Dear minix developers:

    > > I have two questions.
    > > 1. How to make a full minix system from full source code?
    > > 2. How to make a live CD for minix system?

    > > please help me. thanks !!!

    > I don't have the answer, but it would be great to have a document
    > titled:
    >
    > "Minix From Scratch".
    >
    > Similar to "Linux From Scratch" (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org).
    > Now, we only need some authors to write it...
    > Best, Pp.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minix_From_Scratch

  4. Re: How to make a full minix system from full source code

    In article <1176954909.969093.75860@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.co m>,
    wrote:
    >Dear minix developers:
    >
    >I have two questions.
    > 1. How to make a full minix system from full source code?

    99% should just be a matter of 'make world' in /usr/src.
    For the remaining parts (except for one binary), you need the package
    'ackpack'.

    > 2. How to make a live CD for minix system?

    'sh release.sh -c' in /usr/src/tools.