>4G Filesystem Creation on Install - Minix

This is a discussion on >4G Filesystem Creation on Install - Minix ; I am loading the Minix 3.1.3 CD into VMWare and I present it with an 8G drive. Problem is, on install, Minix says it only sees 7G, then proceeds to only use 4G. Is this because of a bug in ...

  1. >4G Filesystem Creation on Install

    I am loading the Minix 3.1.3 CD into VMWare and I present it with an
    8G drive. Problem is, on install, Minix says it only sees 7G, then
    proceeds to only use 4G. Is this because of a bug in the automatic
    partitioner (or a holdover from older Minix)? I will try to partition
    manually and see what that gets me.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

  2. Re: >4G Filesystem Creation on Install

    On Apr 18, 8:38 am, The-G...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I am loading the Minix 3.1.3 CD into VMWare and I present it with an
    > 8G drive. Problem is, on install, Minix says it only sees 7G, then
    > proceeds to only use 4G. Is this because of a bug in the automatic
    > partitioner (or a holdover from older Minix)? I will try to partition
    > manually and see what that gets me.
    >
    > James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

    I tried to manually partition and it didn't work either. I did see
    that the part command is still reporting that it can't deal with
    partitions greater than 4G. I made the 8G disk as an 8G partition,
    but when the installer tried to create my partitions on top of the
    disk, mkfs failed with an error. I have logged this as a bug on
    gsforge.

    The Grue

+ Reply to Thread