ACK and default signed char's - Minix

This is a discussion on ACK and default signed char's - Minix ; comp.os.minix ACK and default signed char's Does ACK have a means to change the char's default form from 'signed char' to 'unsigned char'? Adding "#define char unsigned char" works except in situations like: char *dog = "this is a string"; ...

  1. ACK and default signed char's

    comp.os.minix
    ACK and default signed char's

    Does ACK have a means to change the char's default form from 'signed char'
    to 'unsigned char'?

    Adding "#define char unsigned char" works except in situations like:
    char *dog = "this is a string";
    which generates "strict" warnings.

    If ACK can change from signed char to unsigned char, handling code
    originally written on compilers w/ unsigned char's would be simpler.

    Hul

  2. Re: ACK and default signed char's

    Hul Tytus wrote:
    [...]
    > Does ACK have a means to change the char's default form from 'signed char'
    > to 'unsigned char'?

    Not that I know of. (The code seems to hard-code it.)

    [...]
    > If ACK can change from signed char to unsigned char, handling code
    > originally written on compilers w/ unsigned char's would be simpler.

    Are there really any compilers left these days that default to unsigned chars?
    What platform are you porting from?

    --
    ┌── dg*cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ──────────────── ──
    │ "Thou who might be our Father, who perhaps may be in Heaven, hallowed be

  3. Re: ACK and default signed char's

    The code comes from msdos and a lattice compiler.

    Hul

    David Given wrote:
    > Hul Tytus wrote:
    > [...]
    > > Does ACK have a means to change the char's default form from 'signed char'
    > > to 'unsigned char'?

    > Not that I know of. (The code seems to hard-code it.)

    > [...]
    > > If ACK can change from signed char to unsigned char, handling code
    > > originally written on compilers w/ unsigned char's would be simpler.

    > Are there really any compilers left these days that default to unsigned chars?
    > What platform are you porting from?

    > --
    > ??? "Thou who might be our Father, who perhaps may be in Heaven, hallowed be
    > ??? Thy Name, if Name Thou hast and any desire to see it hallowed..." ---
    > ??? _Creatures of Light and Darkness_

+ Reply to Thread