Minix Wikipedia article needs some updating. - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix Wikipedia article needs some updating. - Minix ; It says the latest release is 3.1.2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minix -- Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..." Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..." Monty Python's "Life Of Brian" http://www.spampoison.com...

  1. Minix Wikipedia article needs some updating.

    --
    Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
    Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."
    Monty Python's "Life Of Brian"
    http://www.spampoison.com

  2. Re: Minix Wikipedia article needs some updating.

    noalternative (noalternative@REMOVETHESECAPSTOREPLYoperamail.com ) writes:
    > It says the latest release is 3.1.2
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minix

    And if it does, then why post here?

    The point of that wikipedia is that it's a collective work, so if
    you see something that's wrong or needs updating, you fix it yourself.
    If it turns out you are wrong, then someone else will fix it back; if
    somehow you add something noteworthy or significant, it might prompt
    someone else to add something useful.

    If it's not updated, then maybe nobody is reading it.

    Somebody created the entry in the first place, nobody behind the
    scenes at wikipedia decided there should be an entry for Minix.

    Michael

  3. Re: Minix Wikipedia article needs some updating.

    et472@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Michael Black) writes:

    > noalternative (noalternative@REMOVETHESECAPSTOREPLYoperamail.com ) writes:
    >> It says the latest release is 3.1.2
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minix

    > And if it does, then why post here?
    >
    > The point of that wikipedia is that it's a collective work, so if
    > you see something that's wrong or needs updating, you fix it yourself.
    > If it turns out you are wrong, then someone else will fix it back; if
    > somehow you add something noteworthy or significant, it might prompt
    > someone else to add something useful.
    >
    > If it's not updated, then maybe nobody is reading it.
    >
    > Somebody created the entry in the first place, nobody behind the
    > scenes at wikipedia decided there should be an entry for Minix.

    But the idea, that "we", "the Minix community", might be interested to
    keep the article up to date and reasonably accurate is not so far
    fetched, isn't it?

    Regards -- Markus

+ Reply to Thread