Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive? - Minix

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive? - Minix ; I would like to try minix3 on a pentium 133 mhz with 32 of ram, but this laptop system doesn't have a cdrom. Am I out of luck? Also, does it work with any common wifi cards? -- Brian (not ...

  1. Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive?

    --
    Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
    Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."

  2. Re: Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive?

    All,

    > I would like to try minix3 on a pentium 133 mhz with 32 of ram, but this
    > laptop system doesn't have a cdrom. Am I out of luck? Also, does it work
    > with any common wifi cards?

    The floppy installation mechanism has not been maintained up to minix3,
    so no, there is no out-of-the-box way to install it using just floppies.

    Also there are no drivers for wifi cards..

    Sorry to disappoint

    =Ben

  3. Re: Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive?

    > I would like to try minix3 on a pentium 133 mhz with 32 of ram, but this
    > laptop system doesn't have a cdrom. Am I out of luck? Also, does it work
    > with any common wifi cards?

    The last floppy-installable minix version was 2.0.4.
    There is no WiFi support in minix at all.

    Regards,
    Sebastian

  4. Re: Is there anyway to install it from a 1.44 diskett drive?

    On Mar 29, 10:45 am, noalternative
    wrote:

    > ... Also, does it work with any common wifi cards?

    Not exactly, but if you install Minix 3 as a guest OS on VMWare on a
    laptop with wifi and activate the Lance driver you can communicate
    wirelessly.

    - Al

+ Reply to Thread