cc problem - Minix

This is a discussion on cc problem - Minix ; what does this mean? cc: /usr/lib/em_cemcom.ansi: Signal 11 - core dumped...

  1. cc problem

    what does this mean?
    cc: /usr/lib/em_cemcom.ansi: Signal 11 - core dumped

  2. Re: cc problem

    "ifndef" writes:

    > what does this mean?
    > cc: /usr/lib/em_cemcom.ansi: Signal 11 - core dumped

    That means a pointer/address was derefenced which pointed to an
    address outside the logical address space of the process (as mapped in
    the segment table). Causes might be:

    - Buggy program
    - overflowing stack corrupted the data segement or the heap.

    Against the latter try to chmem em_cemcom.ansi ...

    The symbolic name of signal 11 is SIGSEGV (for segementation
    violation).

    Regards -- Markus

  3. Re: cc problem

    Thank you very much I tried chmem and that helped. Thanks a lot.

  4. Re: cc problem

    "ifndef" writes:

    > Thank you very much I tried chmem and that helped. Thanks a lot.

    Indeed, thank you for your feedback: Too many people just drop out of
    sight, after their problem is solved, so posteriority -- i.e. the
    people reading the list archives some time from now, would never know
    wether the solution suggested actuallly worked. Therefore, just by
    feeding back that you could fix (in other cases how you could fix it)
    is a service to the community.

    Thank you for that.

    Just wanted to state that here once more, also as a message to the
    other people here that are asking for help.

    Hope that message doesn't sound too condescending :-).

    Regards -- Markus

+ Reply to Thread