Minix process table question - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix process table question - Minix ; Hello I have to write a program that would iterate through process table in minix & takes some info from that but i dont't know where to find actuall table of running processes and how to acces that table from ...

  1. Minix process table question

    Hello

    I have to write a program that would iterate through process table in
    minix & takes some info from that but i dont't know where to find
    actuall table of running processes and how to acces that table from my
    program. Is there any way to grab some record from process table? Some
    syscall or so??

    Plese HELP!

  2. Re: Minix process table question

    On Mar 17, 3:15 pm, ring...@poczta.onet.pl wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have to write a program that would iterate through process table in
    > minix & takes some info from that but i dont't know where to find
    > actuall table of running processes and how to acces that table from my
    > program. Is there any way to grab some record from process table? Some
    > syscall or so??
    >
    > Plese HELP!

    It is your class homework! Hint: look for the code for ps comamnd and
    walk through
    it to understand what it does and how..

    -ishwar

+ Reply to Thread