What shall we do when porting minix3 to ARM? - Minix

This is a discussion on What shall we do when porting minix3 to ARM? - Minix ; OS: 1 boot loader: nothing to say about it. just like the BIOS in x86 CPU. 2 system initialization : It build appropriate environment for OS,referencing to mpx386.s 3 interrupt handler: It needs little modifying. Do pay attention to that ...

  1. What shall we do when porting minix3 to ARM?

    OS:
    1 boot loader: nothing to say about it. just like the BIOS in x86
    CPU.
    2 system initialization : It build appropriate environment for
    OS,referencing to mpx386.s
    3 interrupt handler: It needs little modifying. Do pay attention to
    that port address and memory address is united in ARM.

    Tools:

    1 analyse tool for core dump data
    2 analyse tool for panic data
    3 trace tool. A real time simulator is not very good for interrupt
    debug, trace log be helpful.

  2. Re: What shall we do when porting minix3 to ARM?

    On Mar 17, 1:32 pm, "www.robotspace.biz" wrote:
    > OS:
    > 1 boot loader: nothing to say about it. just like the BIOS in x86
    > CPU.
    > 2 system initialization : It build appropriate environment for
    > OS,referencing to mpx386.s
    > 3 interrupt handler: It needs little modifying. Do pay attention to
    > that port address and memory address is united in ARM.
    >
    > Tools:
    >
    > 1 analyse tool for core dump data
    > 2 analyse tool for panic data
    > 3 trace tool. A real time simulator is not very good for interrupt
    > debug, trace log be helpful.

    The minix has these things.

+ Reply to Thread